Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pink Ribbon Day

In case you are not aware, today is Pink Ribbon Day. My mother-in-law battled breast cancer 5 years ago and has had a double mastectomy. Obviously this is a cause that is very close to my heart and that of my family.


http://lushyarn.com/ have a special sale today of a multitude of pink yarns and each is named for a woman who has fought this terrible disease. I suggested my mother in laws name to beconsidered as one of these, and I am happy to introduce Suzanne.
Isnt she lovely? You cant buy her though, there was only one skein and she is all mine I am happy to announce.
Sue's birthday is coming up next month and when I saw that a yarn was named for her, I thought a perfect birthday present would be to make her a scarf in this lovely yarn that is just for her. If I can bear to part with it that is! The pattern I have chosen is here I just hope that it is relatively easy, I am not an expert knitter by any means. I will have to knit fast, I hope it arrives pretty soon. The quicker I can get started on this the better!

2 comments:

  1. That yarn is gorgeous, as is the scarf pattern. I have just started a lacey scarf.....so far so good ;) I am SO scared of dropping a stitch though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift idea for your MIL! Such a worthwhile cause that touches us all.

    ReplyDelete