Monday, October 19, 2009

Bliss in the midst of Chaos


This is where I had lunch today. It is only a ten minute walk from my work, and the weather was too perfect to waste.
I work 6 days a week, having only Thursdays off for shopping, this is entirely opposite my desire, which is to be a stay at home mother. Sometimes fitting it all in can be overwhelming, this week has been really tough, and I have not been as focused or as organised as I would like to be, the washing is piled to the roof, and 3 days in a row I have completely forgotten to take meat out of the freezer. There are only so many times you can declare toasted sandwiches for dinner.
Today I spent lunch at the lake. In the pic you will see my sandwich in its little Tupperware container, my book, and my drink and my bag which was a tablecloth in its former life. 45 minutes of bliss, and I feel like my batteries have been recharged. I can pick myself up, dust myself off and get in control of things again....I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice spot to have a lunchbreak and recharge.
    It would be hard to work six days and run a household as well. I know I wouldn't be very well organised :)
    I sometimes have toasted sandwiches for tea :) if I don't have anything planned.

    ReplyDelete