Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Culinary Needs of the Preschool Set




I have a question for all the mothers out there...

Can anyone tell me why, when I have so many cookbooks and am always trying to broaden our horizons with the meals that I feed my boys, with a little help from some "friends" (you know, Jamie, Donna, Stephanie, the whole gang)








If my precious son was to decide the menu plan, every single dinner would look a little something like this....
In case you cant see in the pic, he is eating canned spaghetti and in the corner of the shot, is just the straw from a popper of juice.

The fashionistas among you will note the beaded necklace being sported here, dinner is a dressy occasion in our house!

Like all wild animals, this one does not appreciate being disturbed while eating, hence the moody scowl. With looks like those, teenagehood makes me a little anxious.

3 comments:

  1. Very funny post Sarah - when my children were young, no meal was complete without chicken nuggets! My advice is keep persisting and put things on his plate - he is bound to try them eventually. Once they are old enough to help a bit with the preparations they become more adventurous. Love the meal time attire btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta pasta pasta!!!
    That is what my son would eat for every meal if he could. I buy different types of ravioli to keep it interesting - but he would eat plain spirals with nothing on it at all if I let him!!!
    Dream of getting the pasta machine out from the back of the cupboard - but time is the enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooooooooo cute!


    Hugs


    Kimmie

    http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete