Thursday, October 15, 2009

How old is too old to have a baby?

We had the golden child just before I turned 30, and vowed never to have a child after that as it was too old - I didnt want to be mistaken for the Granny.

Now that I am 33 and a bit, I have decided that it is not so old afterall, and that I want another. I am a bit well.....my darling calls it lardy, or chunky, I like to think of my shape more as rubenesque - like the classic paintings! and I would need to get in shape before having another child. I guess I am asking the question, how long do I have before it is too late?

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. My partner is willing to have another child, however thinks that I need to be healthy first to carry it to term and while I agree in theory with his idea, this means even more time and I am worried that I will run out. Holp, please!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah , I'd be the last one to give anyone advice all I can say is I was 36 when I had my last one . I wondered why all her friends called me nanna , not really , lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I don't think your leaving it too late. I suppose things like gestational diabetes and high blood pressure would be of most concern if your other pregnancies were without complications. I think as long as you can eat well and excercise (the dreaded word) You should be okay. And as for being too old, I don't think so. And anyone who does should mind their business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i reckon go for it NOW and just kick in all of the comments above re excercise and eating. i had trouble getting pregnant the 2nd time and it gave me the beleif that you dont know if you can get pregnant so dont leave it and assume you can.just relax about it all

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely not leaving it too late... I have friends that are having children still and they are in their 40's and my mum had her last child 14 years ago when she was 39 and she definitely is no grandma even though technically she is as I have children.... LOL!!!
    If you and your husband want children and you can have them I say definitely go for it, you're still a spring chicken compared to some women...

    Take care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 36 when I had my little man .. and am a VERY curvy lady.
    Follow your heart
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    I was 32 and 34 when I had my two.
    Its up to you, do what feels right for you both, or compromise somewhere between.

    ReplyDelete