Monday, January 4, 2010

A brand new year!


I have taken a bit of a break from the internet, not even reading blogs, and it has been quite peaceful to immerse myself in the family life for the last couple of weeks. I have timed my return to the world of blog with my return to the work world too.

This year, I have decided to make resolutions every month, not just at the beginning of the year, this way I have a whole month to focus on a particular theme, then once this has been incorporated into my life, it will be time to work on an exciting new project.

This month I have decided that I will NOT use a shop bought cleaning cloth, no more chux wipes, no more steel wool to clean the dishes, I have made myself a stash of cotton dishcloths and I am using only those to do the dishes, and I have a small pile of old towels and other cloths to take care of the spills and dusting cloths.

I am also going to focus on the garden, working towards this having more of a role in the family home and actively working on porducing from the garden, measuring what it yields and taking note of what I do in the garden, what works and what doesnt.

What are you going to do differently this year?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. I decided to not buy spray and wipe anymore. When I was a lab tech we used to use metho mixed with water at about 30%. Cheaper, easier and better on germs.

    I need to knit some dishcloths too...

    ReplyDelete